Friday, November 20, 2009

It's been a while

Well it has been a significant amount of time since my last post and I don't even know where to start. I love it here. I am leaving in 13 days and I dread getting on the plane everyday. I shouldn't say that I love it here as much as I love the people I have met here. Let me tell you about them for a second. I hang out with a regular group of people that generally consists of 4-6 people depending. There names a Justin, Jen, Kayla, Karen, Lisa, and Amy (sometimes Kristen comes too). This awesome group of expats is my family away from home. I have never loved 5-6 people so much in such a short amount of time and I will deeply miss them when I leave.

That being said I hope to come back here next March. I have applied for a position teaching conversational English at a university here in Qingdao. I have a feeling that the L**d has a great plan and opportunity here for me. I won't know for sure if I am coming back till the end of December, but I am willing to where ever He wants me to. If that means staying at home I will stay. If that means coming back to china or going somewhere else I look forward to the L**d showing me where to go.

Teaching here has been great. I expected that I would learn a lot about teaching in the elementary classroom while I was here, but I had no idea just how much I would learn. Kristen is an amazing teacher and she has helped me become a better teacher than I was when I arrived.

I am excited to come home mostly to see my family, friends, niece who apparently can walk now. Crazy.

If there is one thing I have learned here it is that life is about relationships. Not about jobs. Not about money. It's about people and G*d. I would love to travel the world because my heart delights in different cultures and different people, but I would be half the man I am today if it weren't for the friends and family, the deep relationships I have from staying still. If you know me you know I love adventure, and there is nothing more adventurous than truly getting to know someone. It bring pain and joy and love and peace and sorrow. There is nothing greater than a good friend.

For those of you that follow me from home I will see you soon. For those of you that follow this and live here. You have had a great impact on me and I will miss you greatly.

4 comments:

  1. What a blessing. Awesome!
    We have certainly had different experiences. Let's do La Cha's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. only if you're buying I am ultra-poor...j/k, but seriously I have no money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, remember that time you came to China to do your student teaching and I was gone for an entire month and missed out on so much fun?

    Thanks for your kind words. With being gone so much, I feel very peripheral but they are sweet nonetheless.

    You would be an incredible addition to Qingdao, seriously. I will be prizaying that He gives you a clear path on where He wants you. I have no doubt that no matter where you end up, you will greatly impact those around you 'cause that's how you roll.

    Just to warn you, I'm totally going to facebook stalk you after you leave 'cause that's how I roll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. me too, me too! (regarding Jen's facebook stalking comment!)

    ReplyDelete