Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Korean Spa

This last weekend I had a Grand cultural experience. Let me bring you into a different culture of sheer awesomeness. In Korea the Spa is where you go for a weekend of fun and relaxation. These things are awesome. Basically you can go there and for a cheap price get massages full body exfoliation food...everything. Apparently Koreans go there as families or a guy's night out. While you are there you can rent rooms and stay there for a few nights if you wish.

SO I heard about a new Korean spa that opened that apparently was pretty cheap. So Karen, Kayla, Justin and I decided to go last Saturday. We show up and they take our shoes at the door and give you a beaded bracelet with a magnet for accessing you locker. The most noticeable thing for me was that the floors were heated. Very pleasant. After taking our shoes we are split into guys and girls. So Justin and I go into our locker room and change into our swimwear only to find out shortly after that swimwear is entirely unacceptable in a Korean spa. So Justin and I drop trow and head to jacuzzi. After chillin the the cuzz for a little while we are invited to go lay on these tables for what we thought was going to be our massage. Instead we get a Full body exfoliation, and I mean FULL BODY. So after that we get this strange slap massage thing which felt nice then we got hand washed. I'm talking full body soaped by another person. Again every nook and cranny. After washing off and taking another dip in the cuzz. Justin and I headed up stairs to try and find the girls. The naked parts were all segregated by sex. Then the spa gave you some clothes to wear to walk around the unsegregated parts in. So we headed up stairs to find them, but we were unsuccessful. So we decided to get a full body massage. Which costs 138 Kwai (or something close to that) which is about 20 dollars for one hour. This was AWESOME. Only it was the one thing I wish I had been naked for. Because they massaged with my clothes on which made for some very painful rubbing moments. Overall a very pleasing experience. We then left and went home.

Total Cost = 340 Kwai or 50 dollars
Time Spent = 2-3 hours
Time Spent being rubbed down naked by some Korean guy = 45 min.
Worth it? Totally

2 comments:

  1. I laughed when I got to the part where you imply that once you realize the girls would be naked too you decided to forget the massage and find them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, even though I've heard the story like 14 times because it's all you guys can talk about, I still laughed my head off. But that's mostly because I CANNOT believe you wrote some of that stuff on here. Reminds me a little of myself. Awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete