Monday, October 6, 2014

A Quick Update!

Hey! It's been a while since I posted last so I thought I'd throw out a quick update.

Things in Doha are going well. School is moving along and I feel like I am starting to wrap my head around the new curriculum and all the new ways of doing things. This weekend was the celebration of Eid al-Adha so I have the entire week off! So far I have done some hardcore relaxing and it has been great but I'm tired of being lazy so tomorrow I'm going to a water park with a friend of mine Then on Wednesday I'm revitalizing an old tradition I used to do in college called "Adventure Day"! It's literally a day where I stock up on water and food and walk around the city seeing what kind of stuff I can get myself into (I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm done!)

After Eid break my life will get crazy busy. I am playing soccer twice a week after school, I'm going to be coaching 4,5 soccer after school once a week and I play in a wind ensemble once a week as well. On top of all that I have to teach! It's gonna be nuts.

All in all I can't complain. Life in Doha is pretty easy, busy, but easy. I just bought my plane ticket home for Christmas so if any of you are in Columbus during that time I would love to see you!

Thank you all for your continued prayers you have no idea how much they encourage me. There are many days I need them desperately. Here are a few specifics:

1.) The next nine weeks are going to be incredibly busy. I am going to need strength to get through all that I have to do.

2.) The Lord has been pressing a lot of deep questions on my heart lately and sometimes dealing with them can be a rough going. Pray that I won't back away or run, but that I will press into Him and have the courage to hear what He has to say.

3.) My friend Jeff moved back to Detroit this weekend. Please pray for a smooth transition for him as it was all rather unexpected. And that for his health to steadily recover.


This week I have been listening to a group called "Page CXVI" they do modernizations of Hymns and this hymn has brought me great comfort over the last few weeks. 
In the Lord there is Hope. 

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on your side. 
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain; 
Leave to your God to order and provide;
In every change, He will remain.

Be still, my soul: your God will undertake 
To guide the future, as in ages past. 
Your hope, your mind, your will let nothing shake; 
All now mysterious shall be bright

Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on 
When we shall be forever with the Lord, 
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone, 
Sorrow forgot, love's joys restored. 






1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete