Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Hospitals in Doha

Last night I spent three hours in the Emergency room with my friend Jeff. Jeff had a major surgery this summer and was suffering some intense abdominal pain and went to the hospital. He was in the ER for close to seven hours waiting for a room to open up. My friend Teri and I went and spent time with him last night until he was given a room. As we were talking about life and religion I realized that last night was only the fourth time I had ever been in a hospital. I was born in one, I had a weird cough once as a kid, my friend Sean busted his head long boarding, and last night. It's one of those times I realized how blessed I am.

In fact this whole week God has been showing me how blessed I am. Since I have been here everything has gone smoothly. As of this week all of my paper work for acquiring my residency permit is complete. I am officially a resident of Qatar. This last weekend I passed my drivers test and got my drivers license. I'm sure that sounds like a small feet, but let me tell you...that test was not easy. Out of the 25 American's that went only 8 passed. Most failed on the 2nd test where we had to name the parts of a car engine. Thanks to JJ for teaching me all I know about cars! Unfortunately one guy made it past that stage and failed the driving part by accidentally running a red light on the inside of a roundabout. He now owes a 6000 qar fine (roughly 2000 usd). On top of all the paperwork my bank account got set up quickly and I got paid which is nice. I think I can say with a good amount of accuracy that my transition into Doha could not have been smoother. Mainly thanks to all the the people who are in charge of that stuff here at the school. There is only one thing left to do and that is to move into permanent housing. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for me about these things. A friend of mine posted this verse on facebook the other day and it made me think of all of you who have been persistently praying for me.

"I love the LORD, because he has heard 
my voice and my pleas for mercy.
Because he inclined his ear to me, 
therefore I will call on him as long as I live."
Psalms 116:1-2

Prayer is a powerful and awesome act. To stand before the throne of God covered by the blood of Christ and know that He is actively listening and responding to what we have to say truly inspires me. Thanks to everyone who has been encouraging me and lifting me up in prayer of over the last few weeks. It means so much to me.

Prayer Requests:

1.) Please pray for Jeff. This season of his life has been incredibly difficult and he is truly seeking the Lord for the first time in his life. Please pray that he will come to a saving faith in Jesus. And that he might experience some joy in this time of his life.

2.) Please pray for school. I am struggling to really understand that PYP curriculum. Though things are starting to make more sense it is all very new and rather overwhelming. Pray that I can continue to know and understand what I need to do here at QA in order to accel.

3.) Church & Community. Please continue to pray for the expat community here at QA. That we can grow closer together as a family of expats. Also for a church that I can really settle down in and grow into. I have been to two churches, both of which have their pro's and con's. Praise the Lord for my friend Curt who has been taking me to church with his family the last two weeks. They are great people.

4.) Lastly, please pray against the spiritual warfare here in Doha. I am finding that there are times when I truly feel under attack from the enemy.  It has never been associated with anyone or anything here but there are recurring things in my mind that I am confident aren't coming from me. Mostly while I'm sleeping. Please pray that my relationship with Christ will be strengthened while I'm here and not weakened.

Thank you all for your ongoing prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you friend! Thanks for being consistent in your updates too- good reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I didn't see this comment till just now. Sorry the blogger setup doesn't seem to alert me when people comment. I haven't been super consistent recently, but I'm getting back to it. I hope you and Billy are doing well.

      Delete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete