Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Oman and stuff


Over spring break I had the opportunity to travel out of Qatar for the first time since Christmas. I headed to Muscat, Oman with my friend Daniel. This is probably the first real vacation I've taken in years and it was fantastic.

Oman is beautiful with beaches and mountains and green things...I've missed the green things. Above all, Oman was quiet, soooooo quiet. There was no construction that started at 4 am everyday. There was no person standing below my window in the morning hawking the biggest logie known to mankind. And the beds in the hotel were amazing.

The driving wasn't that bad, but I'll come back to that. There are a few things I don't like about Qatar, but 90% of it wouldn't be a problem if there wasn't construction everywhere all the time. Oman is not under construction and therefore was peaceful.

The first day I layed by the pool, read and slept for the entire day. If you've vacationed with me you know I'm not that kind of person. But for this vacation I seemed to spend most of my time sleeping, reading, and relaxing.

Daniel and I tried to get out and see the sites, but I think most of the time we just couldn't be bothered to do much. And that was just fine.

We did rent a car which saved us some money, but it was my first time really driving in the middle east and frankly it was super easy in Oman. The driving isn't as crazy, which was nice, but we did see at least one crazy thing. While sitting at an intersection Daniel and I witnessed a man work his way into oncoming traffic while on a motorcycle and get hit by a car. Now all of this was at pretty low speed, but the guy still fell off his bike in the middle of the intersection. Two police officers just happened to be right there and as they walked up to the accident the man jumped up and ran away. The officers then moved his bike and talked to the driver and waved everyone else on. Daniel and I just sat there in awe of what we had just witnessed. It was nuts.

After getting back from vacation I have hit the ground running. I have a musical next week with the 4th grade. The 5th grade is working on their end of the year project which requires some part of the arts helping out. And tonight I have a choir singing the national anthem for the university graduation where there will be many big names in Qatar like the Emir himself.

Life is crazy right now but summer is quickly approaching. I hope to be able to see a lot of you while I am home this summer, but my plans are not solid yet. I'd like to try and see my brothers and if I can make it out to Arizona to see everyone there. However, I will be spending most of my summer in Hungary studying at the Kodaly Institute for my masters degree.

If you could keep all those things in your prayers over the coming weeks Lord know's I need it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete