Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Communication, it's simple...ish

I leave for Qatar in nine days and I cannot begin to express how excited I am. Living and teaching overseas has been a dream of mine since I was a junior in high school. In 2005 I was on a missions trip to the Dominican Republic with a group from my church and on that trip I remember sitting next to my friend Jill and saying to her, "I kind of just want to throw my passport out the window and stay here." For the first time in my life I had caught a glimpse of something God had put in my heart. A deep love and passion for people. I learned that every person, no matter how flawed or broken they are should know and feel that they are loved especially when they feel like they aren't.

Since my last post I have been inundated with the love of my friends and family. I have been able to work through and vocalize a lot of my wounds and pain with the people who were involved. There has been a lot of honesty and forgiveness on all parties involved especially myself. Bitterness has been rooted out of my heart and the anger that I have struggled with is beginning to fade. My heart knows more peace and joy today than it has in a long time and for that I am thankful.  This is only the beginning of the healing process but thank you all for praying with me and I ask that you would continue.

Last Friday I finished my first summer session of my masters degree and it is a huge burden off my shoulders. Thank you all for praying for me as I have been in class this summer.

The next nine days will consist of me packing, finalizing shipping arrangements, repacking, and spending time with my family. Nathan, Laura, Harper, and Audrey are coming to visit this weekend. It will be the first time that the family has met Audrey and the first time we have all seen each other since last year. I am excited to be with everyone and get to hold my niece for the first time.

A quick order of business. If you wish to contact me while I am in Qatar feel free to call me anytime I am on Skype (my ID is calebdoyel exactly like that). I will work hard to only be logged on when I am available. If you wish to text me and you have an iphone or mac with imessage please send your message to caldoyel@gmail.com (in place of my phone number). That will go directly to my cell phone for free. Starting Friday August 15th my phone number will no longer work. My contract with Verizon will be temporarily suspended during my time in Qatar. If you call or text me I WILL NOT GET YOUR MESSAGE. As always email and facebook work great too. I will work to keep this blog updated as much as possible so you all can follow me from here.

As always I covet your prayers:
1.) Pray that I can get everything in order before I leave concerning my baggage and travel arrangements. I need to figure out the most effective way to get my stuff there.

2.) Prayer for the community I will be joining in Qatar. This is the most significant prayer for me right now. Anyone who has lived overseas will tell you the importance of community while living abroad and I ask that I will be able to find good friendships with people in Qatar.

3.) And prayer that I can continue to trust God. I have felt that God has spoken to me about how I need to trust Him. This adventure I am about to start is something I have been struggling to trust God with. It has made me nervous and anxious. It took me a while to realize that my anxiety was about the trip, but once I did and I started to trust God with it I have begun to know and feel his peace. Please continue to pray that I will have the courage and faith to follow Him wherever he takes me.

Thank you all again for your prayers. I feel truly blessed to be lifted up by such faithful men and women of God.














No comments:

Post a Comment